Arnold Schwarzenegger is a retired professional bodybuilder and Austrian-American actor, businessman, and politician. His most well-known roles include The Terminator, Predator, and Commando. Arnold was also the Governor of California from 2003 to 2011. He won Mr Olympia seven times. In addition, Arnold has created a name for himself as one of the world’s wealthiest wrestlers and actors throughout the years. So, what is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s net worth, and how did he amass it over the years?
Table of Contents
What is Arnold Schwarzenegger's net worth?
Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in Thai, Austria, on July 30, 1947. His father’s name is Gustav Schwarzenegger. Arnold is not only famous as a result of his career endeavours, but he was also married to Maria Shriver, his ex-wife. Maria Shriver is an American journalist who comes from one of the country’s most well-known families. Her mother, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, is the sister of John F. Kennedy (1917–1963), the former president of the United States. Arnold is the father of five children, two daughters and three sons.
Arnold has amassed a significant amount of fortune as a result of his professional endeavours. He increased his net worth by investing his bodybuilding and film profits in a variety of stocks, bonds, privately held enterprises, and real estate assets around the world. As a result, he is currently regarded as one of the wealthiest celebrities in the United States.
What is Arnold Schwarzenegger's net worth?
How much is Arnold Schwarzenegger worth? According to Celebrity Net Worth, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s net worth is estimated to be $400 million as of 2021.
He has earned such a huge sum of money through his various endeavours as an actor, politician, bodybuilder, business and many more.
How much does Arnold Schwarzenegger make a year? It is not clear how much the actor makes yearly, however, at the peak of his career, he consistently made $20-$30 million per film, bringing his total actin, earning more than $100 million.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's house
Where does Arnold Schwarzenegger live? After moving out of his former marital house in Pacific Palisades, the actor now resides in his large mansion in the famed Brentwood neighbourhood of Los Angeles.
His first home was a 10,000-square-foot estate in the Pacific Palisades neighbourhood of Los Angeles, positioned at the end of a lengthy gated driveway. The home was constructed in 1982.
It includes nine bedrooms, nine bathrooms with white walls and marble floors. The mansion was sold for $12.9 million in 2013.
He also owns two more vacation houses. They are in Sun Valley, Idaho, and Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, respectively. The mansions are approximately 18,000 square feet in size and have a wood and stone interior with breathtaking views of the mountains.
Cars, a jet and bikes
Arnold owns the following vehicles.
- Opel Kadett
- Harley-Davidson Fat Boy
- Hummer H1s
- Bugatti Veyron
- Mercedes G-Class
- Private Gulfstream jet for $38 million
He has written the following books:
- Arnold: Developing a Mr. Universe Physique.
- Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder
- Arnold’s Bodyshaping for Women
- Arnold’s Bodybuilding for Men
- The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding
- Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story
Total Recall, his autobiography, was published in October 2012 and is available on Amazon. In the book, he talks more about his accomplishments as a bodybuilder, an actor, and the Governor of California.
Schwarzenegger is regarded as one of the most influential individuals in bodybuilding history, winning countless competitions and awards events. At the age of 23, he became the first-ever young man to win Mr Olympia in 1970, a record he still holds to this day.
Five Mr. Universe titles, four NABBA (England) titles, one IFBB (USA) title, and seven Mr. Olympia titles were among his bodybuilding accomplishments.
In terms of his acting career, he first appeared in the film Hercules in New York in 1970 as Hercules (as Arnold Strong Mr. Universe). He rose to prominence after appearing in the movie The Terminator, for which he was paid $75,000.
Since then, he has proven his abilities as an actor, producer, and director. He has appeared in almost 400 films and television shows as himself, with over 80 of them as an actor. Here are some of his famous top films and shows he has appeared in.
- 2022: Kung Fury 2 as The President (post-production)
- 2019: Terminator: Dark Fate as T-800 / Ca
- 2019: Iron Mask as James Hook
- 2017: Killing Gunther as Gunther
- 2017: Aftermath as Roman
- 2015: Terminator Genisys as Guardian
- 2015: Maggie as Wade Vogel
- 2014: Sabotage as John’ Breacher Wharton
- 2014: The Expendables 3 as Trench
- 2014: Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff (voiced the video game)
- 2013: Escape Plan as Rottmayer
- 2013: The Last Stand as Ray Owens
- 2012: The Expendables 2 as Trench
- 2005: The Kid & I as Arnold
- 2004: Around the World in 80 Days as Prince Hapi
- 2002: Collateral Damage as Gordy Brewer
- 2000: The 6th Day as Adam Gibson
- 1999: End of Days as Jericho
- 1997: Batman & Robin as Mr. Freeze / Dr. Victor Fries
- 1996: Jingle All the Way as Howard Langston
- 1996: Eraser as the Eraser
- 1993: Beretta’s Island as Arnold Schwarzenegger
- 1993: Last Action Hero as Jack Slater
- 1990: Kindergarten Cop as Kimble
- 1990: Total Recall as Quaid
- 1987: The Running Man as Ben Richards
- 1984: The Terminator as Terminator
- 1984: Conan the Destroyer as Conan
- 2021: Superhero Kindergarten as Arnold Armstrong / Captain Courage
- 2019: Chad Goes Deep as Arnold Schwarzenegger
- 2015: Terminator Genisys: The YouTube Chronicles as Terminator
- 2015: Two and a Half Men as Lieutenant Wagner
- 2015: Epic Rap Battles of History as Terminator Announcer
- 2002-2003: Liberty’s Kids: Est. 1776 as Baron Von Steuben
- 1990: Tales from the Crypt as X-Con / Arnold Schwarzenegger
- 1977: The San Pedro Beach Bums as Muscleman
- 1977: The Streets of San Francisco as Josef Schmidt
Below are some of the series he has produced:
- 2021: Superhero Kindergarten (produced one episode)
- 2019: Iron Mask
- 2018: The Game Changers (Documentary)
- 2017: Wonders of the Sea (Documentary)
- 2017: Killing Gunther
- 2017: Aftermath
- 2017: The Apprentice (produced one episode)
- 2014-2016: Years of Living Dangerously (Documentary, produced 17 episodes)
- 2015: Maggie
- 2000: The 6th Day
- 1993: Last Action Hero
Earnings from films
Some of his notable salaries in various films and series include,
- Earned $2 million for Commando
- Earned $3.5 million for Predator
- Earned $11 million for Total Recall
- Earned $12 million for both Kindergarten Cop and Terminator 2
- Earned $21,429 per spoken word in Terminator 2
- Earned $15 million for True Lies, Junior and Last Action Hero
- Earned $20 million for Eraser and Jingle All The Way
- Earned $25 million for Batman & Robin, The 6th Day and Collateral Damage
He first entered politics in 2003, when he ran for Governor of California in a recall election. After that, he was elected Governor, and he served from 2003 until 2007. In 2006, Schwarzenegger was re-elected to a second term, serving his first full term from 2007 to 2011. He is also a Republican Party supporter.
Arnold has ventured into business in addition to his acting, bodybuilding, and political careers. His financial freedom stemmed from his success as a young entrepreneur who had a string of lucrative business ventures and investments under his belt.
He has made real estate investments, such as purchasing an apartment for $214,000 and later selling it for $360,000. Arnold now has a $100 million real estate portfolio consisting mostly of commercial properties in Southern California. He is currently one of the wealthiest real estate millionaires in the world.
He is a co-founder of the Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy, which is part of the University of Southern California’s Price School of Public Policy.
The institute’s mission is to promote post-partisanship, in which leaders prioritise people over political parties and collaborate to develop the best ideas and solutions for the people they serve. Also, to influence public policy and public debate in order to address the serious challenges we face. He serves as the institute’s chairman.
He also features as a military commander and spokesman in commercials for the Machine Zone game Mobile Strike.
Awards and achievements
- 2021: Worst Supporting Actor by 41st Golden Raspberry Awards
- 2017: Legend of the Century award
- 2017: Doctor of Humane Letters from University of Houston
- 2015: Hall of Fame Class by the WWE Hall of Fame organisation
- 2015: International Lifetime Achievement Award from the Goldene Kamera
- 2014: Action Hero of Our Lifetime Award from Empire Awards
- 2010: Doctor of Laws award from Emory University
- 2006: Doctor of Humane Letters award from the University of Southern California
- 2004: Maverick Tribute Award by Cinequest Film Festival
- 2004: Worst Supporting Actor award
- 2001: Taurus Honorary Award
- 1997: Best International Actor from Caméra d’Or
- 1998: American Cinematheque Award
- 1998: World Artist Award
- 1997: Humanitarian Award from the ShoWest Convention organisation
- 1996: Doctor of Humane Letters from University of Wisconsin–Superior
- 1993: International Star of the Decade
- 1992: Life Career Award
- 1992: Hall of Fame from Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards
- 1987: Motion picture camera star (1,847th star)
- 1985: International Star of the Year
How did Arnold Schwarzenegger make his money?
Here is an overview of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s sources of income:
- Political career
- Real estate businesses
- Book writing
- Commercial advertisements
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s net worth has risen steadily as a result of his ability to diversify his work and achieve high levels of success in a variety of fields. He has a net worth of $400 million and has earned hundreds of millions of dollars in film salaries during his career, making him one of the highest-paid actors of all time. He is also on the list of America’s wealthiest politicians.
Did you enjoy this article? Checkout similar stories: