Mobile applications have already taken root as a way of business communication with its audience, and even as a way of organizing work within the company. Many brands can no longer imagine their existence without applications and are even tired of considering the benefits that such a tool brings them. It is enough just to create an application. It is important that it solves a certain task and helps its users, and performs the necessary functions – and this is precisely the description of the functionality of the program.
Basic Functionality of Mobile Applications
In addition to the specific individual functionality of the program, for example – the ability to make purchases. Ecommerce app development also includes a basic set of features that every app should have. You can opt out of them if you have a good reason for it, but with practice, these features have already become an integral part of any successful product.
1. Company Information. Your users need to know who they are interacting with. First, it increases their confidence and lets them know that someone is responsible for what they are about to purchase. No one trusts the nameless. Secondly, this way you will be able to increase the recognition of your brand because users will see you and know you not only by opening the application, but also by meeting a mention of you in any other place, and therefore by deciding to buy goods or services of your category.
2. FAQ. Having mentioned the user questions, it is important to note that if there are too many of them, or you know that your product requires some refinements, it will be quite reasonable to add such a block of functionality to your application.
3. Synchronization with the company’s main website. First, it will be more convenient for you to work with your resources, and you will not have to update information in each of them separately. The second point is to allow your users to access the site if necessary.
This need may be caused by the fact that the application does not have all the functions yet, or if your site is difficult to find in search, and the user wants to use a PC.
4. Push notifications. Not every type of program will allow you to implement such a function, but if you have such an opportunity – use it. Reports will help you to be closer to users, and to be constantly in touch: to remind about abandoned carts, to inform about discounts on selected products, to inform about promotions, or even to inform when the user is near your physical store or office. Such proximity to the audience has another plus – an increase in the number of sales.
5. Feedback. Customer feedback is an excellent ground for improvement. At the same time, it can be not only reviews of your goods and services, which will certainly help you to become better, and your users – to decide on an order faster and easier.
You can also receive private feedback, which will concern, for example, the program itself.
6. Integration with social networks. Such an opportunity will allow users to register and log in to the system faster, share what they find with friends, and invite them to your program, which is also beneficial to you.
7. GPS. Yes, not every business needs this solution, but it is also quite universal. Such a solution significantly facilitates the life of users when interacting with companies in various areas: to see where the long-awaited taxi car is located, to track the delivery, to find the nearest store of the desired chain, or to lay a route to the company’s office.
8. Gallery. Photo and video materials increase user engagement and trust. You can use this by creating an entire gallery in your app that showcases your products, services, offices, staff, and happy customers.
Which Functions Can Be Ignored
There is no universal answer to this question. Here you can’t even focus on competitors or giants in the field. The whole point is that what works for some may turn out to be superfluous for you, or vice versa, what no one seemed to need will become your competitive advantage. Take any example of a description of a mobile application in your field, and you will find there are both those functions that will be useful for you and your audience, but also those solutions that will seem completely unnecessary to you.
It is recommended to start with the basic functions, monitor customer feedback, and add little by little. So you will always keep your finger on the pulse and will not create a million unnecessary solutions in your application. Moreover, do not be afraid to run and test the functionality in an imperfect form. You can refine it later, but you can also cancel its development if it turns out that it is not in demand.
And remember, any decision was once only an experiment, and now many people cannot imagine their life and work without it.