Today’s businesses need to adapt to competition faster than ever ―clients also have specific needs and wish that companies know to adjust their products and services. But because it takes more than creating what the client wants, businesses need to focus more on one important element: web design. Besides being visually pleasing and encouraging people to return again, web design can also help increase sales if used effectively, which we’ll discuss in the following paragraphs.
Principles of web design
To understand how web design can lead to an increase in sales, it’s crucial to know its elements. Its basic features focus on:
- Content (from creating to organizing)
- Usability (for making users’ web experience easy)
- Aesthetics (for brand image)
- Visibility (for a user-friendly website)
- Interaction (for engaging with the audience)
Web designing focuses on the overall look and feel that people get when using your website. Besides aesthetics, the purpose of a good design is to be efficient and effective for both the customer and the business. The elements play an essential role in customer retention and, eventually, sales. Here’s how.
It improves website credibility
Nowadays, people are less likely to be fooled by scamming websites, as they’re easy to spot from genuine ones. Outdated and tasteless websites don’t seem safe from the customer’s perception, while good-looking websites can ensure an excellent first impression from people, encouraging them to trust your business. But what makes a website trustworthy? Only a few things:
- Attractive and professional design. The layout, typography and images matter if they are placed in the right order, with a specific purpose;
- Functionality and error-free. Upon noticing the website is slow, people will make an assumption about your business credibility;
- Usefulness. People want to see easy-to-understand information presented succinctly. Otherwise, abstract terms and ambiguous images will make them leave the site immediately;
- Updated content. Being a constant presence in the online world keeps your site active and can help you become an authority in your business, which increases credibility.
It ensures a positive user experience
User experience (UX) is the way internet users interact with a product or a service. It includes more aspects of branding, design, usability and function and aims to create and integrate efficiency and fun into a final product. In other words, if someone has a poor experience on your website and finds it difficult to navigate, they’ll look for better websites that would probably provide the same quality products and services but have a better user experience of their website.
This is why a positive user experience can increase sales ―it leads to engaging visitors, converting them into paying users. But for creating an optimized website, you need to make an extra effort that will surely pay back. If you consider this is out of your expertise, you can ask for experts’ help and hire a web design agency. You can go to dpdk.com/webdesign-agency/new-york to have an idea of what such a company can help you with and choose what’s best for your business’s needs.
It creates leads
A high rating from your previous clients can give your website a higher chance of generating high-quality leads. These have the ability to attract users who are in need of your products and services, which will increase sales. There are more ways through which web design creates leads, like:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which involves optimizing your websites for search engine algorithms for your website to appear higher in organic search results;
- Social media, where you can drive traffic by creating and posting relevant content on social media platforms;
- Display ads, where you create advertising under the forms of video or image content;
Generating more leads means that people are interested in what you can provide. Therefore, they’ll start subscribing to your newsletter, following you on social media platforms and engaging with your business. Plus, it helps target users with relevant needs, which yields higher conversion rates.
It helps with a shorter sales cycle
A complete sales cycle includes a few steps customers go through when shopping. The process can be minimized to four basic steps:
- You identify customers;
- You understand their problems;
- You show them your solution;
- You allow them to choose between options;
Although they seem easy to go through, such a sales cycle can take some time because customers have so many options on the market, making it difficult for them to make a choice. But what can make you different from the competition is an easy-to-read website that simplifies all user concerns regarding the purchase with an intuitive site.
It’s easy to get carried on and want your website to pop out, but making it simple to follow and use will help people of all kinds to make more purchases. So, make sure it’s easy to add items to the cart or check out and pay so that customers won’t feel overwhelmed by the number of elements on the website.
It increases customer loyalty
Finally, customer loyalty is the most important to a business because clients that will always choose you are more important than people who come and go. If someone has already bought from you and is sure your products are easy to access, they won’t be looking for other options because you make their buying process fast and easy.
If your website has high-quality visuals, a responsive design and an organized navigation process, your sales are more likely to increase shortly because customers have gotten used to your design, and now it’s become familiar to them. According to a study, only a 5% increase in customer retention can lead to a 25% increase in profit. With that in mind, make sure to create an easy-to-navigate website, and your business will surely succeed.
Having a business in the age of fast-changing technology is not easy, especially when it comes to making a profit. But you don’t have to make enormous efforts to increase sales, only to make some web design improvements and ensure that your clients can easily make payments and come back as loyal customers.