If you own a business, or you’re a contractor and need to provide paystubs for proof of income, you may be looking for a way to create professional stubs online with a free check stub maker with a calculator.
But it can be difficult to make professional stubs online if you don’t know what you’re doing. Thankfully, there are services that are here to help you do just that. We’ll provide some tips for creating professional stubs online with a free check stub maker and a calculator.
What is a Pay Stub?
- Name and address of the company
- Name, address, and social security number of the employee.
- Gross (before tax) and net (after-tax) earnings
- The number of hours worked and the hourly rate for the pay period.
- Pay period start and end dates
- Deductions for health insurance and other expenses.
- Contributions from employees
- Taxes withheld
- Any applicable back pay, overtime, or bonuses.
- Accrued sick leave (required in some states)
There are typically a few different options for this:
- Daily – every day.
- Weekly – Every week on a specific day.
- Bi-weekly – every other week on a particular day.
- Semi-monthly – twice a month on specific dates, for example, the 1st and 15th.
- Monthly – once a month
- Quarterly – Once every three months
- Semi-annually – ONce every six months
- Annually – Once a year.
Contractor vs. Employee
When filling out a check stub, there’s a difference between a check stub for an employee compared to a contractor. Contractors have no deductions because they provide a service for a business. On the other hand, the company directly hires employees, and they can perform many different tasks as part of their job.
Be as precise as possible
Add all the exact information. To generate a professional paycheck stub, you must include all the necessary information. Include even the tiniest details. When you fill out the forms, enter the information precisely to get accurate calculations.
When filling out a pay stub for an employee, provide the following information:
- Employee name
- Pay period and date
- Hours worked
- Gross pay
- Deductions – These include voluntary contributions like health insurance and 401k and taxes.
- Employer contributions
- Direct deposit information
- Net pay
If you hire 1099 contractors and want to generate pay stubs for them, they should include the following information:
- The contractor’s state of residence
- Their personal information, such as name and social security number.
- Your company’s details
- Any deductions or withholdings
- Rate of pay – salary, hours worked, and hourly rate.
Verify that all calculations and numbers are correct
Employers should provide a complete breakdown of all taxes and deductions from their employees’ paychecks to generate error-free pay stubs.
Use only a professional paystub generator
You won’t have to spend hours formatting spreadsheets and doing complicated calculations if you use a professional paystub generator.
How Do Paystub Generators Work?
With a paystub generator, you find a paycheck stub template you like and start putting in your information. It takes less time than making one with a spreadsheet program because you don’t need to worry about formatting. The downside is that you don’t have a lot of personalization options.
Most paystub generators create pay stubs in four easy steps:
- The payroll person enters the company, employee, and income information.
- They enter any applicable deductions.
- Click on the “create pay stub” button.
- Check their email.
Which Pay Stub Generator Is Best?
There are many types of pay stub generators. Because each company has different preferences, what works for one might not work for another. As a general rule of thumb, the best pay stub generator should have the following features:
- It’s easy to use
- The design is clean and straightforward.
- It’s instantaneous
- The service is free.
- The program exports pay stubs as PDFs.
A pay stub shows how much your employees or contractors made during a pay period, minus any deductions. Depending on your state’s regulations, you can send them to your employees in digital or paper format on payday. With pay stub generators, you will be able to send it digitally, reducing the amount of paper waste that comes with paper pay stubs.
When you are filling out a pay stub maker online, be as precise as possible and verify that all the calculations are correct. Make sure to only use a professional pay stub generator since you will be inputting personal information.
Most paystub generators create pay stubs after the payroll person enters the employee or contractor’s personal information and deductions and clicks the “create pay stub” button.
The best paystub generator is one that’s easy to use, has a clean and straightforward design, is instantaneous, costs nothing, and exports stubs as PDFs.
That’s what you need to know about tips to make professional stubs online with a free check stub maker. As you decide which free check stub maker to use, remember the features mentioned above, and choose the one that fits your needs best based on those features.