In the last few years, technology has made its presence in almost all aspects of our lives. Its application in the different fields from business to healthcare has been documented in great detail. One area, where the role of technology has not been discussed much, has been in the field of education.
Educators and administrators have in recent years started adopting technology for helping them improve the educational environment. Whether it has been the overall management, or the teaching standards and protocols, everything has experienced a metamorphosis through technology.
With e-learning, ed-tech platforms, and smart classrooms being talked-after subjects, we try to explore the impact of technology on school education. In this article, we are going to look at some of the major benefits of integrating technology in schools. We also discuss the future of technology in the educational sector as a whole.
List of 5 Major Benefits of Using Technology in School Education
Creates and Engaging and Interactive Learning Environment-
The first and probably the biggest advantage of using technology is the effect it has on increasing engagement rates in classrooms. Kids are more attentive, focussed, and interact more when they are taught using tech and digital aids. Teaching a specific topic and then explaining the same through videos on screens can help them grasp the topic with more understanding.
Improves Collaboration between students in Projects and Studies-
If the teachers are uploading notes, question papers, and project guidelines on drives, kids can easily access them. They can also collaborate and create constructive ways of working on their projects and assignments. It can allow kids to share their ideas and benefit from each other’s inputs. This can help them in later professional lives.
Allows for the Imparting of Education in Different Teaching Styles-
While some children are more adept at picking up information through ‘hearing’, others find it better when they can visualize the topics. Using technology allows for imparting education according to different teaching styles. This allows for the development of children that have different natures, personalities, and absorbing skills.
Enables Children to Revise Lessons Better later on-
According to experts at a leading Hong Kong Singapore international school, lessons are recorded on camera and then put on the class drive folder. Everything including probable questions, references, and research materials is shared online. This helps children revise and get back to the topic whenever they feel comfortable. This allows for individual education.
Helps Overcome the Challenges Posed by COVID-19-
It is no secret that Online Teaching in the best schools was the reason children did not lose out on their school years. Teachers and management made it a point to use video conferencing platforms, tools, and software to ensure that they can impart education without any breaks to the students. This has allowed them to enjoy an advantage over others that could not.
Building your brand and proving your credibility:
If you are a parent reading this article, think about how you had to struggle to come to grasps the needs of technology at your workplace some years back.
The good schools have realized that technology, digital platforms, and the internet are an embedded part of our lives. Every professional field requires candidates to have a very good understanding of using digital tools and technology.
In this section, we are going to list down some helpful ways how using technology in classrooms helps set up children for success in their future lives.
- Firstly, schools that employ technology allow kids to pick up the basics of MS Word, PowerPoint presentations, and MS Excel. These are tools and software that are considered basic in almost all workplaces.
- Secondly, the COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated students to become experts at video conferencing platforms. They have become adept at using platforms like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet.
- Thirdly, an emphasis on using the internet for doing research has allowed for greater digital awareness. Students can learn where they can get information regarding topics and subjects, they are looking for.
- Fourthly, it has allowed introverts to shine in ways that were not available in traditional teaching models. Here, they can work individually and confidently and share their intellect on tests, projects, and assignments with teachers.
- Fifthly, using the internet has allowed for greater understanding and awareness of the issues affecting the world. It is helping in creating truly globalized individuals that are establishing relationships between what is being taught and the present-day realities.
As you can see from the points above, using technology in classrooms can go a long way in setting up students to become successful adults later on in their life.
Promote your business through social media
It is not only students that have to learn using new tech tools and software. For many teachers as well, the COVID-19 was an eyeopener. They were forced to look at YouTube Tutorial videos, and talk to their IT teams to help them make the transition to online teaching successfully.
According to experts, this is just the start and the use of technology in classrooms will only increase in the future. If you have any other questions on technology or on school education, let us know in the comments below. We will try our best to address all your doubts and queries on the topic.