If you work in industries that demand the highest-quality electronic components, you’re likely trying to understand which companies your competitors purchase from and how you can find similar products or even find an advantage elsewhere.
If you’re searching for timing solutions for a frequency-based application, that search can be challenging because there are so many competing companies – and some of them can even be fraudulent or subpar.
The electronic components manufacturing industry in general is overwhelming, especially because of the chip supply shortages during COVID-19 that gave rise to a new generation of companies that promise fast, quick, and cheap products. In some cases, these companies – aware of scarcity and market demands – prey on engineers’ urgent needs.
Fortunately, there are outstanding companies that offer the highest-performing frequency-generating products that you can rely on. These manufacturers clearly cut through the noise – and the occasional deception – in the manufacturing industry and provide products for high-profile businesses. Learn more below about these companies and the highest-grade electronic components they sell.
What High-Performing Oscillators Are Available Now?
The leading manufacturers of crystal oscillators have developed high-performing frequency solutions to ensure that they are available to the industries that need them. These products offer superior functioning in the following ways:
- Low voltage requirements
- Exceptionally low jitter, meaning their frequency stability is second-to-none
- Low current draw
- Frequency stability at a wide range of temperatures
These oscillators won’t significantly draw on battery power when deployed remotely. Further, they are very dependable in circumstances where signal disruption means the disruption of the product’s key functioning, such as in data storage, networking, and communications applications.
To add to these benefits, these products can operate in nearly any environment where they are required. When engineers work with a leading global manufacturer of frequency solutions, their teams can acquire oscillators that bear all of these characteristics in one simple package.
In addition to these aforementioned oscillators, several other high-performing frequency solutions exist today, including these premium components:
- Some crystal oscillators reach their highest potential after they’ve been “run” for a certain period of time. During their operation, their performance increases. A superior manufacturer will run these crystals until they’ve reached this point before selling them, ensuring that they are ready for use as high-performing frequency solutions in a wide variety of industry applications.
- Leading manufacturers also build crystal oscillators specifically for rugged environments where temperature changes occur frequently and electronic components are jostled in the day-to-day behavior of the application. For example, a frequency-solution manufacturer can design AEC-Q200-rated oscillators that are certified for the auto industry. This ensures that these products – when used in automotive applications – will precisely and powerfully deliver their solutions even under temperature stress and potentially rugged conditions.
What Industries Benefit from High-Performing Oscillators
Premier frequency-solution manufacturers design high-performing quartz crystal oscillators for a number of industries, though the best products on the market (which meet power, stability, and temperature compensation requirements) tend to be desired by networking, communications, and data storage companies.
In the frequency world, there are certain “budgets” that engineers abide by, knowing that their products can tolerate certain conditions and slightly less precise performance characteristics, while still ensuring that their products will deliver the timing solution they require.
However, networking, communications, and data storage companies rely so heavily on frequency as an enduring solution for their applications’ success, they only seek out the very best products on the market.
How to Find a Leading Manufacturer of High-Performing Oscillators
Searching for a manufacturer that can provide high-performing products requires some knowledge of what makes these companies exceptional. Use the information below as a checklist to ensure your team is connecting with a business that can deliver components that will help you find success with your frequency-based application.
Superior manufacturers are characterized by the following criteria:
- They offer engineering support throughout the entire process of acquiring, designing, and sending frequency-based solutions to market.
- They’ve been in business for a number of decades, which means their time-tested experience is integrated into every product they make.
- They offer a parametric search tool to help you narrow down your requirements for electronic components and find a curated list of options that would benefit you most.
- They mention high-performance characteristics in their product offerings, including tight stability, low voltage, low current draw, durability, and wide temperature range.
- They have a vast list of distribution partners throughout the world, which clearly establishes them as a trusted manufacturer.
- Their website contains comprehensive technical guides, white papers, and video tutorials designed to help engineers build their knowledge and achieve their goals.
As you might imagine, these characteristics only apply to a small number of manufacturers today. However, getting in touch with an organization that meets these criteria might be just the thing you need to gain a competitive edge in your industry.