The demand for effective coaching has skyrocketed in recent years. Professionals across various fields are seeking guidance and support to enhance their performance, overcome challenges, and achieve their goals.
Among the many esteemed coaches and trainers in the industry, Dr. Terry McIvor and his professional body, the International Guild of Hypnotherapy, NLP, and 3 Principles Practitioners and Trainers (IGH3P), stand out for all the right reasons.
Dr. Terry’s impact in the coaching profession spans over two decades, during which he has consistently demonstrated his commitment to his clients’ success. One of his notable achievements is assisting adults in reintegrating into education, empowering them to make informed choices and streamline their lives.
As a certified coach and trainer accredited by the International Coach Register and the International Regulator of Coaching and Mentoring (IRCM.CIC), Dr. Terry is a thought leader; he founded IGH3P to bring the coaching and mentoring industry to a place of ethical good standing, ensuring an impeccable skills base for new and existing coaches.
He will achieve this by working alongside the International Regulator of Coaching and Mentoring and the Coaching Ombudsman
By strategically working with these organisations, Dr. Terry has not only enhanced the credibility of the coaching profession but has also instilled trust and confidence in his clients.
Central to Dr. Terry’s success is his innovative approach to coaching. He has developed the SynapGen™ – NSP Coaching System, a cutting-edge coaching system that combines innovative neurosensory and neuro-linguistic techniques alongside the neuroscience of coaching.
This unique fusion has yielded exceptional results for professionals seeking performance enhancement. Additionally, his expertise extends beyond coaching to encompass neuroscience, hypnotherapy, neurosensory psychology, neurolinguistic psychology (NLP), and chronic pain reprocessing therapy.
As a certified trainer in these disciplines, he offers accredited qualifications that provide added value and validity to his clients’ learning experiences. Dr. Terry also holds an MSc in Psychology with specialisms in neuroscience and psychiatric applications.
He has also demonstrated visionary leadership by establishing IGH3P, which serves as a testament to his commitment to professionalism and his determination to set the highest standards in the coaching field.
By becoming a member of this esteemed guild, individuals can incorporate essential competencies into their practice, ensuring they provide the utmost value to their clients.
And what are these core coaching competencies that Dr. Terry and IGH3P prioritise? Let’s explore the twelve essential competencies that define effective coaching according to Dr. Terry:
- Attentive Listening: Coaches must listen actively and attentively, understanding not just the words spoken but also the underlying emotions and themes communicated.
- Effective Inquiry: Skilled coaches ask open-ended and thought-stimulating questions that encourage individuals to explore their emotions, challenge assumptions, and gain new insights.
- Clear Communication: Coaches should convey messages in a straightforward, clear, and sensitive manner to ensure individuals fully comprehend the intended message.
- Fostering Self-awareness: Coaches help individuals recognise attitudes, behaviours, and beliefs that may hinder progress, fostering self-awareness as the initial step toward transformation.
- Action Planning: Coaches aid individuals in devising appropriate and realistic action plans for change after identifying goals and hurdles.
- Goal Setting and Strategy Formation: Coaches guide individuals in setting specific, achievable goals and developing strategies to reach them.
- Monitoring Progress and Upholding Accountability: Coaches track individuals’ progress toward their goals and hold them accountable for executing the agreed-upon actions.
- Establishing Trust and Confidentiality: Coaches foster an environment of trust where individuals feel comfortable discussing their thoughts, feelings, and challenges.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Coaches respect and adapt their approach to individuals’ cultural backgrounds, beliefs, and values, acknowledging and honouring these important aspects.
- Promoting Learning and Delivering Outcomes: Coaches create a learning experience and focus on delivering tangible outcomes for individuals.
- Emotional Acuity: Coaches exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence to understand, utilise, and manage their own emotions effectively, facilitating communication, empathy, and conflict resolution.
- Adherence to Ethics and Professional Conduct: Coaches are well-versed in ethical guidelines and professional standards, respecting the privacy and boundaries of the coaching relationship.
Dr. Terry McIvor’s leadership and commitment to these core coaching competencies have not only transformed the lives of countless individuals but have also helped elevate the coaching profession as a whole.
His expertise in diverse disciplines, along with the establishment of the International Guild of Hypnotherapy, NLP, and 3 Principles Coaching, has set a new standard.
Professionals in the coaching industry should strive to make a positive impact and seeking inspiration from Dr. Terry’s approach can be very valuable.
By incorporating these core competencies into their practice, they can cultivate meaningful relationships with their clients, drive transformative change, and contribute to the continued growth and success of the coaching profession.