Why do some websites easily gain a spot in the TOP 10 of Google’s search results while others struggle to remain on the tenth page or even further? We have the answer to this question. In the first case, the owners of a site use an effective promotion strategy; in the second, they either do not promote the site or move the wrong way. We are here to figure out how evergreen link building strategies can help your site climb to high positions in search engine results, outperform competitors, and get more organic traffic and, consequently, more leads. Let’s get started!
What Is Evergreen Link Building and Benefits to Use It?
Evergreen link building helps to get backlinks to your website from external sources that do not work for a limited period but on an ongoing basis. High-quality backlinks have a positive impact on the ranking of your website by search engines and the perception of your product by users.
Imagine that you have created many pages with quality and useful content. How to popularize it among potential customers? Use evergreen links to drive traffic from outside sources. The strategy works well in different niches including SaaS, e-commerce, and local brands. Let’s go over the evergreen link building benefits.
- Domain authority. The more sites with a good reputation link to your resource, the higher the authority of your domain is.
- Building effective relationships. You can receive not only requests from clients but also offers from potential partners.
- Interaction with the target audience. Interested users will come from authoritative sources, leave comments, share content, and more.
- Getting organic traffic. A site with a good link profile has good visibility and can get more traffic directly from search engines.
The principal advantage of applying link-building strategies is related to the above-mentioned benefits. We are talking about increasing the ranking of a resource in search results. External links can help your site get into the TOP 10 search engine results. Pay attention to the diagram below. In 2023, backlinks have a 15% impact on Google Algorithms.
9 Evergreen Link Building Techniques for 2023
Search robots constantly improve algorithms. The requirements for websites are getting more stringent. Your resource should correspond to them. Post quality content to attract and retain your target audience. Collect key phrases and words for effective page promotion. Do not ignore social media, forums, and thematic platforms. Let’s talk about evergreen link building techniques in more detail.
The implementation of a successful website promotion strategy begins with the preparation of interesting and captivating content. The finished material should be closely related to the theme of your project. Various step-by-step guides, instructions, ratings, and stories of personal experience are great. After reading the article, the user should be willing to share it. Here are some tips for producing high-quality content.
1. Collect keywords for the page which will be promoted. Use tools like Ahrefs Keyword Generator, Google Keyword Planner, and SERP Checker. Below you can see an example of keywords generated for this article using Google Keyword Planner.
2. Structurize the text correctly: break it into paragraphs and add subheadings of different levels and lists. Insert pictures, videos, infographics, tables, etc. to improve the perception of information by the audience. Below, you can see an example of a well-structured article.
3. Keep track of the interests of your target audience. Write about what your potential customers might be interested in. Give preference to long forms of writing to give the visitors the most effective solutions to a specific problem. You can see what people discuss on forums and special communities related to your niche. As an example, if you work in web development, you can find the most commonly discussed topics among members of the WebmasterWorld community.
4. Share your content. Post links to articles on your social networks. Send out newsletters via email. Use all outreach opportunities. Read below in the article on how to apply outreach strategy.
This tactic will help promote your project through interaction with other people, such as bloggers and information site owners. You can ask them to place a link to your content on their websites. To improve chances for success, offer them favorable conditions for cooperation for both parties. When using this tactic, it’s important to use resources that are relevant to your niche. And, of course, choose sites with a good reputation and high traffic flow.
To find the contact information of the owners of a website, you can use the Hunter service. It is very easy to use:
- Go to the Hunter website
- Enter a domain or company name into the search line
- Click “find email addresses”
If you want to find influencers whom you can reach out to for posting your content or include a link to a particular page of your website, you can also use special tools such as Followerwonk and Buzzsumo. The former allows for searching influencers by location, URL, and name. The latter lets you search for bios by entering keywords related to your topic.
How to build an evergreen links? Reply to users who discuss questions in the forums. First, you should choose sites that match the direction of your project. Get involved in community topics, create your own discussion threads, promote your business values, and subtly refer users to your company website, but avoid spamming.
You can find relevant forums on Google manually. A faster way is to ask ChatGPT to create a table of popular forums on a particular theme. As an example, we asked an AI-language model to create a table of popular forums for link builders. Below, you can see its answer.
Note: Sometimes, ChatGPT provides outdated and broken links.
The other side of this tactic is creating conditions for communication directly on your site. Include comments and reactions on each post. Respond to users, support dialogues, and give advice.
You are probably already tracking the key phrases for which the pages of your site are being promoted. It helps to understand the effectiveness of certain keys. You should do the same with backlinks. Research the performance of each backlink. Of course, you won’t do it manually. The SERP tracking service is a great help in this situation.
If you find that some links are out of date or do not work, ask the webmaster to replace them. But note that it is only possible if the page has not been deleted.
Broken link building
This strategy is not the easiest, but it brings excellent results. What should you do? Look for broken links and pages with 404 errors on relevant sites. Of course, their owners are not interested in having such pages on their resources. Can you help solve this? How? Invite the webmaster to post your content with working backlinks. This decision will benefit both you and the resource owner. Backlink Checker is here to help. It will help you to find broken links on the website you are interested in.
Social networks have huge potential. They are suitable for promoting business from any industry. Post content with links to your website pages on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Telegram, Reddit, etc.
In the process of promoting your project, you can use PR tactics to collect backlinks. How does it work? Prepare awesome content. Find contacts of well-known journalists or write to the editors of a popular online magazine. Offer to publish your material. What goals can be achieved with this tactic? Firstly, you’ll create a brand image. Secondly, you will expand your target audience and find new customers. And thirdly, you will boost up your link profile. This tactic works especially well for SaaS.
Reclame Unlinked Brand Mentions
Search the web for your brand name periodically. This is especially true of already promoted discussed brands. Don’t be surprised if you find dozens of articles about your company on the pages of other websites. This is a positive indicator, and you can get an additional benefit from it. How exactly? Write to the editors and ask for a link to your site.
So, we’ve covered the best evergreen link building strategies that you can use to promote your business successfully, whatever market it is involved in. In 2023, link building remains an important factor in website rankings. Let’s summarize what you should do to build a reliable link profile.
- Use high-quality content that will keep your readers interested.
- Promote your project through guest posting, outreach, social media, and more.
- Track broken links and replace them with working ones.
We hope our guide will be useful for you. If you have any questions or need professional advice, please contact us.
1. What are the advantages of evergreen link building strategies?
By applying them, you can get high-quality permanent backlinks to your website. This will improve the visibility of the site in search results, increase the page rank, and drive more traffic.
2. What can be considered the best evergreen link building strategy?
Each strategy has its own performance indicators. You can achieve the best results by using all of them simultaneously.
3. Why should I track backlinks?
You should track your backlinks to analyze their effectiveness and performance.
4. What social networks should be used for evergreen link building?
The more channels you use, the better. Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram work best, but other platforms can also be a source of backlinks.
5. Can search engines impose a penalty for using evergreen links?
It is possible if you use questionable resources to place links, buy too many links, or generate links using a software application. Organic, correct link building brings the site only benefits.