A modern person has access to dozens of smartphone models that improve not only his social life, but also allow him to develop his business and perform work tasks. However, the use of gadgets is often overshadowed by poor 3G and 4G signals. In this article, we will consider how to improve 3G network speed and how to protect your booster from lightning strikes.
What is a 3G repeater?
The 3G repeater is an easy-to-use device specially designed to solve many problems associated with poor signal. Problems can be caused by weak signal, shielding effect, buildings, long distance from the mobile operator’s transmission tower, etc.
With a mobile 3G repeater, you can boost your 3G signal and achieve a stable and uninterrupted Internet connection. You can make video calls, use messengers or social networks, etc.
The device operates at a frequency that is the standard for most countries in Europe and Asia. Therefore, this technology is compatible with all mobile operators in the UK and can amplify the 3G signal at a professional level.
How to choose the right 3G repeater?
3G repeater models differ in coverage area and power, so when choosing the right model, you should pay special attention to the following parameters.
The most popular 3G wireless booster models are designed for use in small areas such as private homes and offices. As a rule, the coverage area does not exceed 0,024 acres.
To amplify the 3G signal in areas larger than 0,074 acres, it is recommended to use more powerful 3G amplifier models that can cover several rooms. Such amplifiers are suitable for supermarkets, office buildings, parking lots, tunnels, etc.
Another type of a booster capable of amplifying a 3G signal is 3G mobile UMTS repeaters for cars and other vehicles. This device is compact and easy to install, it does not require much space, and it works from the cigarette lighter.
3G repeaters for cars are very useful for people who spend a lot of time on the road from and to work every day, or travel a lot on business. In such cases, the only way to always be in touch is with a professional 3G repeater.
A standard 3G repeater consists of two 3G antennas (external and internal), two sets of cables and the device itself. For your convenience, the kit also includes all the necessary mounting brackets.
10 reasons to buy a 3G signal booster
A 3G signal booster is an effective device that can not only eliminate mobile communication problems caused by poor or incomplete network coverage, but also increase the mobile signal coverage area. As a result, you get a quality connection that meets all your requirements. Let’s look at the main benefits of boosters:
- To use the 3G signal amplifier, no additional wires and accessories are needed. In other words, nothing will need to be connected to your mobile phone.
- Cellular signal boosters are practical, easy to install and inexpensive devices. If you have the knowledge of installing repeaters, you can handle the installation of equipment even without specialists.
- Each unit comes fully stocked with everything you need to run your entire signal booster system, allowing you to use your mobile phone wherever you are.
- The system can handle multiple phones at the same time. All phones that are within range of the amplifier and operate on its frequency can receive an improved signal.
- Signal amplifiers come in a variety of coverage areas, from very small to very large, which means you can choose the model that best suits your home or business.
- There are a huge number of mobile operators around the world, and they operate on different frequencies. You can choose an amplifier model that suits your mobile operator with the help of professionals, for example, UCtel.
- Signal amplifiers have a full duplex system. This means that they not only receive a signal from the base station, but also send their own signal to it.
- Signal boosters can operate in various climatic zones, both at high and low temperatures, and at various levels of humidity.
- Signal boosters do not have harmful radiation.
- Signal amplifiers use the world standard power supply (220V or 110V), so they can be used everywhere.
How to protect your booster from lightning strikes
Signal amplifiers are increasingly being used in households and commercial buildings. Due to the rather high cost of quality devices, their users strive to secure their equipment and ensure its longevity. Outdoor antennas and antenna cables, which are an essential part of any signal booster kit, are susceptible to direct lightning strikes. In addition, this equipment may be subject to induced overvoltages from neighboring shocks. They are less powerful, but can make certain parts of the amplifier ineffective.
If the area where you live is subject to frequent thunderstorms (for example, mountainous areas, coastal areas where the air is dry during summer, places with monsoon seasons), it is highly recommended to protect the mobile signal repeater with a lightning rod. Lightning can not only cause dangerous power surges for the amplifier, but also cause a fire and harm people in close proximity.
An excellent solution for booster protection are coaxial lightning rods. They are designed to protect equipment from power surges caused by lightning strikes. They contain replaceable gas discharges. These devices should be installed in line between the outdoor antenna and signal amplifier.
The vast majority of modern mobile phones are equipped with 3G technology, which allows you to exchange data and enjoy all the benefits of mobile Internet. However, the main problem of all 3G networks is an unstable signal, which has an extremely negative effect on the quality of data transfer. The reasons for a poor signal can be different: for rural areas it can be remoteness from cell towers, for cities it can be excessive signal density. However, the good news is that whatever the cause of a weak signal, you can easily solve this problem with a booster.
UCtel is a reliable service provider for the selection, installation and configuration of 3G, 4G and 5G signal amplifiers. UCtel is a reliable service provider for the selection, installation and configuration of 3G, 4G and 5G signal amplifiers. You can choose a repeater for the following operators in the UK: Vodafone, Virgin, O2, Sky, BT, etc.