It is pretty popular to use online phone numbers today. They are in demand among internet users of all kinds: basic web surfers, entrepreneurs, marketers, developers, etc. There is a really long list regarding use cases for those numbers. The only thing is that sometimes it may be difficult to get them. Online numbers are provided exclusively by specialized platforms on the internet which are not yet known well to a large audience. So, here is how to conveniently buy an online phone number for any task in 2023.
How do online numbers work?
Online phone numbers are not really a new feature. They appeared on the market in 2010. However, for a long time, they were known to a limited range of people and only recently became popular among a large internet audience. Due to this, there are still many who don’t know exactly what this solution is and how it works even after using it multiple times. There is nothing complicated though.
Basically, online numbers are classic mobile phone numbers people use on a daily note with their mobile phones to send text messages and make calls. There are only two differences between them. Unlike classic numbers, online phone numbers are:
- Used over the internet. That is the main peculiarity of this feature. You don’t need either a mobile phone or a SIM card. It is only about having an internet connection which makes online numbers available for use from anywhere in the world.
- Not designed to receive text messages and calls from people. The main purpose of such numbers is to receive verification codes from different online services. Receiving anything else with them and especially calls is most often impossible.
But apart from mentioned, they are the same as classic mobile phone numbers. They are also connected to real SIM cards and operate in networks of cellular carriers that issued those cards. So, using them in order to receive SMS from online services is not a problem at all.
Platforms supported for receiving SMS
The most popular question about online numbers is whether they are suitable for use with a certain website or app. Sometimes there is an opinion that this feature works only with popular platforms like Facebook and Instagram, although it is not. Online phone numbers can be used to complete registration on literally any online service. Those include:
- Social media networks;
- Instant messaging services;
- Taxi and food delivery platforms;
- Dating apps;
- Online stores, etc.
In light of the above, it will be fair to say that there is no need to worry about being unable to use online numbers for a certain purpose. They can be operated in order to perform any task regarding registration on websites and apps that require or provide an option to complete the mobile phone number verification process.
Getting an online phone number in seconds
Taking advantage of such a feature as an online number is possible through specialized companies. There are numerous providers on the internet at the moment. You can easily find them on Google with a relevant search request. The second option is just to proceed to SMS-Man which is one of the most reliable platforms in this niche and has been providing online phone numbers for more than five years. Here is how it is used for the appropriate purpose:
- Proceed to the official website of the company, open the registration page, and make a profile.
- Choose a suitable payment method on the recharge tab and top up your balance with it.
- Select the country of origin for an online number on the homepage.
- Scroll the same page down to the list of supported online services and choose one from which you are going to receive SMS.
- Make a purchase.
Once the last step is finished, an online phone number will be provided to you right away. You will be redirected to it automatically. Now copy this online number and open the website or app it is set up to work with. Whether it is registration or verification of a previously created account, use it in the same way as a regular mobile number. Your SMS with the verification code will arrive on the platform from above.