Every moment we are constantly bombarded by so much information. Nowadays, in the digital age, it is very common to go out there and start a business.
But… There are so many people out there claiming to be an expert. So where do you start and who do you trust?
Despite what we’ve been drilled into thinking; “be original; always stand out from the rest”.
However, this takes time and a genius idea. Generally, people struggle to take the first step and do not take action.
And the best action is to take any action. If it’s wrong, that’s okay, now you’ve learned how to move forward.
So sometimes following the crowd is the safest bet and a great start. Don’t feel bad about it.
Google & SEO
Google is the most popular search engine for a reason.
“There are a lot of reasons why Google is the top search engine. 92% of Internet users use Google to find something online. In other words, Google is king”, says SEO professionals from the Gold Coast.
That’s our guess too… When you want to locate anything you desire, you simply Google it. You “Google” something if you wish to learn more about it. If you wish to buy anything, you do your research online. And where might you conduct your study? Google, of course.
Everybody is in it and for a very long time. So Google should be your best friend if you’re starting a business.
The thing is, if you’re not on Google, you don’t exist.
No website = No business. It’s that simple.
Just like a physical store, if your potential customers can’t find you; they will go to your competitor who is more visible.
Do you want people to find your website? Of course, you do! You want targeted traffic that converts into paying customers or clients. And the only way to get this type of traffic is from Google.
That being said… How do you make sure your website appears on Google when people are searching for keywords related to your business?
The answer is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)!
What Is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation is the process of optimizing a website so it ranks higher in search engine results. The higher your website ranks, the more likely people are to find it.
Why Should I Care About SEO?
If you want people to find your website, you need to care about SEO. It’s that simple.
SEO is one of the most important factors for any website. If you don’t invest time and effort into it, your website will never reach its full potential.
How Do I Optimize My Website for SEO?
There are many factors that go into SEO. It’s a complex process that takes time, effort, and knowledge.
The good news is, you don’t need to be an SEO expert to optimize your website. There are many simple things you can do to improve your website’s SEO.
Here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Choose the right keywords
The first step to SEO is choosing the right keywords. Keywords are the foundation of SEO. They are the terms or phrases people use when they search for something online.
For example, if you sell shoes, some of the keywords you might want to target are “shoes”, “sneakers”, “running shoes”, “women’s shoes”, etc.
Choosing the right keywords is essential to SEO. If you choose keywords that no one is searching for, you will never get any traffic from them.
There are many tools you can use to find the right keywords for your website, such as Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Moz Keyword Explorer, and semrush.com.
- Optimize your website for those keywords
Once you’ve chosen the right keywords, it’s time to optimize your website for them.
There are many ways to do this, but some of the most important things to focus on are:
- The title tag is the HTML element that specifies the title of a web page. The title tag is typically used to display the page’s title in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- -Meta descriptions: A meta description is a short description of a web page. It is typically used in the search engine results pages (SERPs) to give people an idea of what the page is about.
- Headings are used to structure the content on a web page. They are typically used to make the text on a page easier to read.
- ALT tags are used to describe images on a web page. They are especially important for SEO because they help Google understand what the images on a page are about.
- Increase your domain authority
Domain authority is a measure of how well a website is likely to rank in search engine results. The higher your domain authority, the better your chances of ranking in the SERPs.
There are many factors that contribute to domain authority, but some of the most important things you can do to increase your domain authority are:
- Get links from high-quality websites: Links from high-quality websites are one of the most important ranking factors for SEO.
- Publish high-quality content: High-quality content is essential for increasing your domain authority.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly: Mobile friendliness is a major ranking factor for Google.
- Make sure your website is fast: Website speed is another major ranking factor for Google.
- Promote your website
Once you’ve optimized your website for SEO, it’s time to start promoting it.
There are many ways to promote your website, such as:
- Social media: You can use platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to share your content and drive traffic to your website.
- Content marketing: A type of marketing that focuses on creating and sharing valuable content to attract and retain customers.
- Paid advertising: A great way to get immediate traffic to your website. You can use platforms like Google AdWords and Bing Ads to run ads for your website.
- Monitor your SEO progress
Once you’ve started implementing SEO for your website, it’s important to monitor your progress. This will help you see what’s working and what needs to be improved.
There are many tools you can use to track your SEO progress, such as Google Analytics, Moz Pro, and semrush.com.
Monitoring your SEO progress is an essential part of any successful SEO strategy.
By following these tips, you can make sure your website is SEO ready!
So all in all, following the crowd might not be the coolest thing to do, but when it comes to SEO…it’s still a great start. After all, if everyone is doing it, there must be a reason, right?
Of course, you can’t just stop following the crowd. You need to also make sure you’re constantly monitoring your SEO progress and making improvements where needed. But that’s a topic for another day…