The best C.E.O.s always look forward to mentoring people with their success stories. Some come from prosperous families, while others hassle from bottom to top.
This article focuses on two remarkable C.E.O.s who have portrayed growth from their humble beginnings. Their stories present innovation, zeal, wisdom, creativity, honesty, and leadership. Additionally, they took risks and have proven track records of best results. Let’s analyze the main highlights of their stories and the achievements they made.
1. Sundar Pichai Inspiring Success Story
Sundar is the current C.E.O. of Google and Alphabet. He is an Indian-born successful innovator that aims at developing new Google products and services. Sundar has a Bachelor of Technology in Metallurgical Engineering, a Master of Science in Material Sciences and Engineering, and an M.B.A.
Sundar dropped out of Stanford (when doing a master’s of Science) to work as an engineer and product manager at Applied Materials. After his M.B.A., he got a consultant job at McKinsey & Company. In August 2015, this Indian American man became the C.E.O. of Google and Alphabets, with a net worth of $1.31 billion.
Sundar has mage Google to keep ranking as a top -tech Company globally. In his reign, Sundar has managed the following:
- Creation of new Google products such as Google Gear and Google pack
- Became board advisor at Ruba Inc. and headed Jiva Software from 2011- 2013
- He actively participated in creation of the Google browser, Chrome
Sundar Pichai is best known for his success and beliefs. He was born into a middle-class family and encountered challenges, including sleeping on the floor. Sundar Pichai believes that your background doesn’t dictate your destiny. While growing up, he didn’t have much exposure to technology, but he is now a computer scientist and works in the tech niche.
Sundar has taught people great life lessons out of his hard work in climbing the career ladder. The following credible life hacks we can draw from his successful C.E.O. career:
- Be bold and don’t fear risks – through his leadership, Google has scaled new heights and made more income. Thus, you should be confident and learn to take risks.
- Accept your failure and press on – Sundar Pichai states that you should wear your failure like a badge and start again. Avoid quitting; just be persistent and persevere.
- Grow with your team – don’t be greedy to succeed alone, but uplift others because you will lose nothing.
- Use your insecurities – it’s hectic to work with more brilliant people than you, but you should use insecurities to grow and develop your personality. Use your situation to grow and become a better person.
- Keep learning – always ensure you learn and practice new skills because you keep growing.
2. Julius Mwale Success Story
“I want to be remembered for the lives I touched,” these are the words of a renowned Kenyan US-based tycoon Julius Mwale. Though he didn’t become a C.E.O. after college, his story is such an inspiration to many. Julius beat all the odds of being homeless and walking barefoot to becoming a C.E.O. while in the U.S.
Julius pursued a diploma in telecommunications engineering and secured a career in the Kenya Air Force. His dream was to become a global asset and offer technology and internet infrastructure solutions. His career was cut short after an altercation with authorities concerning an intellectual property dispute.
He had to fly away for his safety to Uganda, Zimbabwe, and later the U.S. in 2000. While in the US, Julius faced various challenges, like obtaining political asylum and he became homeless. He was forced to live in low-income shelters, and his laptop got stolen, which had most of his resourceful research data.
This tech tycoon remained focused no matter his challenges, like the culture shock and lack of resources to continue with his tech projects. He was lucky to enroll at Columbia University to study electrical engineering. He finished college and founded an S.B.A. technology startup to address security issues during online transactions. His authentication technology was embraced by universities and researchers who used his patents to create biometrics.
The S.B.A. technology paid off well, and he built a Mwale Medical and Technology City, an investment in Butere, Kenya. This project has positively impacted the community by creating employment for thousands of East African Communities. The project has Hampton’s hospital, residential homes, malls, 10-megawatt solar panels, an airport, a data center, and a golf course district.
Julius Mwale’s new project, the MMTC, is worth multi-billion shillings. He is even an investor in Forbes with around $800 million. He is thought to have a net worth of $2 billion-plus. Julius exemplifies what one can fulfill with determination, hard work, and resilience.
The success story of Julius has led to the following benefits for the community:
- Creating sustainable solutions through technology to empower people
- S.B.A. Technologies Inc. is a wave-based biometric technology
- Has built cities in Zambia, Congo, Ghana, and Cameroon, with more coming up
- Mwale Medical and Technology City in Butere gives back to the local community, especially through medical treatment.
It’s evident from these two successful C.E.O.s that the campus learning system helps you to acquire valuable professional and personal skills. This knowledge assists you in establishing a business that’s offering solutions to the community and becoming a C.E.O. Others have gained professional skills that have helped them climb their career ladder and become C.E.O.s.
Some successful C.E.O.s have used online learning platforms like Hawkes Learning, Khan academy, and Edmentum to learn these professional and personal skills at their convenience. When they get stuck, they search for resources online to find Hawkes learning answers.
To Wrap Up
To succeed in life and inspire others, you should have a clear vision of your life and be ambitious. Again, you should have skills in starting and running a project or building that career. You become a leader to your teams and those that look up to you. Hard work, commitment, and empowering others become necessary virtues.
Therefore, don’t give up no matter the struggles; show up for yourself in the best ways possible and remain persistent. Your commitment and zeal will be rewarded.