Technology is taking over the world and companies that aren’t adapting to these new changes will be stuck. Especially over the past two decades, technological changes have been massive.
It all started in the late 90s when Bluetooth was officially released. After, you had social media channels like Facebook, and Myspace that came in the early 2000s. People who lived in these eras never knew technology would make it so easy to communicate with one another.
As technology has evolved, it has opened many doors for other inventions and has made it more possible for online businesses to advance further. However, let’s not forget that it has also made the market more competitive.
Furthermore, we’ll dive deeper into this article to learn more about the top strategies you can follow to increase sales and create an effective market strategy.
Personalization and Targeting
Technology has made it highly possible for marketers to personalize content and the messages they deliver to each customer. Using Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning( ML), and data analytics has allowed marketers to segment their audiences and personalize content more effectively.
71% of modern-day customers expect personalization to be delivered to them. This means that it’s your duty as an organization to fulfill their needs. There are plenty of tools out there that you can use to do so.
Writing the Right Email to Increase Conversions
If you own an online business, you most likely know what kind of nightmare it is to have many abandoned carts. It’s like going to the store and leaving empty-handed. The average cart abandonment rate across all industries is nearly 70%. This is a big issue and means that many customers now need to be checked up on during their shopping encounters.
Abandoned cart emails are a great way to follow up with someone who is thinking twice about what to purchase.
The real question is why you should invest in abandoned cart emails? Abandoned carts can be perceived as missed opportunities. By adding items to your cart, shoppers express an interest in your product or service and have a higher chance of purchasing from you.
There are three main reasons why investing in abandoned cart emails is a good idea:
- Multi follow-up abandoned cart emails can recover sales and improve campaign performance by 30%.
- They can improve the customer experience and retention rate
- You can always ask visitors what went wrong and what you can do to improve in your checkout process or prevent yourself from losing sales in the near future.
There are plenty of subject lines you can use for following up with your customers. Here are some good ideas we came up with:
- “Forgot something?”
- “Social Proof”
- “You get free shipping”
- “Tell us”
- “Pay later”
- “Free samples”
Based on the subject lines you use, you can always write the email content that comes back to it. Make your subject line sound persuasive and let the email build up to it.
Subtitle Translation Services
Subtitle translation services have allowed businesses to reach an international audience. Each of these services has a set of languages that they are available in, making communication easier. For instance, Happy Scribe’s subtitle translation services offer more than 60 languages and are 99% accurate in their subtitle displays.
Offering subtitles in different languages is great since you have a larger reach. For example, if you are speaking in English during the video, someone who speaks Italian will be able to read the subtitles in Italian if it’s available. Those who speak other languages will also be able to read the subtitles in their language.
How do subtitle translation services work? There are three main steps to follow here:
- Upload your files: This includes your URLs that come from YouTube, Drive, Vimeo, or somewhere else.
- The subtitlers get to work: Depending on the platform you are using, the subtitlers will get to work and start translation to the languages you’ve told them to do so.
- Review process: After the file is delivered, it’s now time to access the subtitles and publish.
There are some differences here and it’s to know that subtitles generated by humans and the AI have a different accuracy rate. Human-generated subtitles are more accurate compared to those generated by the AI.
Technology has allowed leaders and business owners to stay on top of their game by effectively tracking and managing project progress. Different web-based project management platforms allow you to effectively share and collaborate with your team and access documents.
There are specialized project management apps that can read your business data, analyze it and turn them into reports through graphs you can use. Organizations that use project management practices have a 92% success rate in achieving project objectives.
Custom Mobile Applications
In recent years, mobile applications have become common. Businesses are quickly adapting to this shift and making their own mobile apps, offering an extra layer of convenience and accessibility. Those who are in the e-commerce and retail industry find customer mobile applications helpful since they increase revenue and allow users to directly purchase products.
Mobile apps allow companies to connect and engage with customers. Over time, it helps build brand awareness. Moreover, apps increase efficiency and reduce waste in an online business. Moreover, let’s not forget that many recent platforms are low-code development and this makes professional apps much more cost-effective.
Technology has made it possible for marketers to use customer data and increase conversion rates. Data is used for analyzing and improving customer behavior and preferences, making your marketing campaigns much more effective. Some good examples we can use on how technology in marketing is being used today include:
- Virtual Reality (VR): VR is used for creating great marketing experiences that allow customers to effectively interact with a product or service in a realistic way. The second you put the headset on, it’ll put you in a virtual world that will allow customers to walk through products before they buy them.
- Augmented Reality (AR): AR is a new technology used for displaying digital information throughout the real world. It’s used to provide customers with helpful information about an experience with a product or service.
- Chatbots: These are computer programs that can engage in real-life conversations with humans. Many online businesses are using them to interact with customers on a 24/7 basis. After all, humans can’t stay up at all times, we aren’t machines!
- Gathering big data: Big data is about collecting large complex datasets. It’s used in marketing for tracking customer behavior, identifying trends, and creating targeted campaigns.
Always remember that big data is important in marketing and that 80% of marketing professionals make high-quality decisions based on the data they gather.
Technology Creates More Opportunities
Overall, the whole idea of technology is that it brings many new opportunities to business owners and allows them to grow. Nowadays, almost all industries are being influenced by technology and business leaders are trying to find out how they can take advantage of these changes.
The changes are a significant opportunity for businesses to:
- Improve satisfaction
- Be much more profitable
- Achieve business excellence
- Achieving better long-term outcomes
- Gaining a competitive advantage over others
- Reducing long-term costs
- Improving quality and more
Technology may seem difficult to implement, but the benefits it offers long-term overcome any of these difficulties.
Maximize Your Usage of Productivity Apps
Productivity tools matter a lot when it comes to increasing the productivity of your business. There are many tools that can increase productivity at a lower cost. All you need is your mobile device and to install apps like:
- Basecamp and other apps you find helpful
Many of these apps are free to use and can even be synced with your desktop version. These productivity apps get things done in the least amount of time possible.
It’s Now Time to Take Advantage
It’s now time to step back and take full advantage of all the changes that you’re seeing in the industry. Take the time to plan your growth and follow the latest technological trends.
Technology can really change the products and services you sell. What might have sold well yesterday might not be a trend anymore, so it’s important to notice this.
Learning what works early is always a good sign. Being behind the rest is what you want to avoid and this happens when you aren’t well-informed and choose not to remain competitive.