One of the most crucial things when welcoming new interns to your office is making sure they feel at ease, confident, and capable of contributing to the success of your organization. But, how do you ensure that? There are many intern team-building activities you can incorporate that will not only help them get a better perspective of the company but the same will also be reflected in the work they deliver.
Just as there are team building activities that benefit students, similarly, there are many other activities that act as a fun way to introduce team members. Team building is the process of creating a supportive environment for collaboration among all employees, both old and new. New hires could find it challenging to fit in while team members who have been around a while finding it easy to be a part of one. Here are a few fun ways to introduce team members to the new interns.
1. Workplace Games: Do you recall the Jimmy Jab competitions from Brooklyn Nine-Nine and the Office Olympics from The Office? They’re not only fun to play, but also simple to plan and guaranteed to be a hit. Emoji decoder and Pictionary are two other creative games you can include as examples of imaginative puzzles you might use. If you are running out of ideas, you can always take the help of a professional who has experience creating a fun way to introduce team members.
2. Treasure hunts: Scavenger hunts are thrilling in many ways. Each team member must put their head together and collaborate to find the answers to each mystery. This is a great approach to integrating interns with existing employees.
3. Introducers: Finding the proper icebreaker can help you get to know each team member. You can use a variety of straightforward prompts to get your team talking, such as “Never have I ever” or “Would you rather?” This allows interns to establish contacts outside of their usual social group. Additionally, they will have a better chance of finding workers who have the same interests, which will encourage strong mentorship.
4. Mysterious Death: Murder mystery games are imaginative and fun. To solve a gripping mystery, your team will no doubt pool its brain power, which will get them talking to other teammates. You can make this an event they’ll speak about for weeks by introducing surprises at every step.
5. Escape Room: Remember the teenage games we all used to play when we were kids? We get an exhilarating rush of excitement while searching for clues and figuring out how to exit an escape room. In the escape room, everyone has a unique role to play that helps to break the traditional hierarchy.
6. Potluck: Nothing unites people more than a passion for food. A guaranteed way to bring your team together is to host a potluck. This encourages a multicultural and inclusive culture in your office. Encourage any employees or interns from other cultures to bring food that is representative of their heritage. They can bond through these simple conversation starters.
Do you remember your first internship- just out of college, eager to begin your professional career, and very nervous? The new interns you have hired are going through the same emotions. This is why intern team-building activities are crucial when welcoming new recruits. You can hire a professional who will take your team through team-building activities and other fun ways to introduce team members. These exercises help to develop trust amongst employees, make them feel included in the group, and give them an enriching corporate experience.